We are happy to announce that we are currently organizing our fourth annual Chinese immersion summer camp in Beijing, China for summer 2017! The camp provides a immersive learning experience for students age 5-10 years old in the heart of China’s capital.
Designed in close collaboration with colleagues in Beijing, the camp provides our students and families with a unique opportunity to have a first hand experience of Chinese language and culture. Our students study Chinese each day and engage in a range of fun activities alongside students from Beijing. Parents attend Chinese survival classes and explore the city while the children are in class. Outside of class time, parents and students put their Chinese skills to use by visiting Beijing’s historic sites and learning about customs including cooking, theater, tai chi, and more.
Information Session: Saturday, 11/12, at 2:30pm
Please take a moment to enjoy the videos and photos from years past.
Video & Photo Gallery
Date: 6/25 – 7/9/2017
Orientation starts on June 25 at 2pm.
The camp officially starts on June 25 and ends on July 9.
Duration: 14 days (14 nights)
Participants can check in on June 25 and check out on July 9. Participants coordinate their own travel to and from Beijing and are welcome to extend their journey by arriving early or staying on after the camp concludes.
Students: 5-10 years old*
* Students age above 10 years old are welcome to sign up, too. If there is enough interest from our families, we will open a program for them as well. Younger children are also welcome to attend
Location: Beijing East District Qing Nian Lake Primary School
Established in 1965, Beijing East District Qing Nian Lake Primary School is one of the most prestigious primary schools in Beijing. It has approximately 2000 students, and 95% of its graduates are usually admitted by key middle schools in Beijing. The school is located in the center of Beijing, offering convenient access to Beijing’s attractions. The school is named after Qing Nian Lake Park, a 57 acre park that serves as a public space for nearby neighborhoods.
- Students work closely with local Chinese students
- Low teacher-student ratio (1:10 maximum)
- Experienced teachers who work with young language learners
- Daily survival Chinese class for parents
- Exciting family activities
- Great location of the campus, convenient access to Beijing’s many ammenities
- Hotel accommodation with WIFI and VPN service, 10 minutes walk from school facilities