In summer 2020, Chinese with Meggie and Little Tiger Chinese Immersion School will host our 7th Annual Chinese immersion summer program in Beijing, China! The program provides a immersive learning experience for students age 5-11 years old in the heart of China’s capital.
Designed in close collaboration with colleagues in Beijing, the program provides our students and families with a unique opportunity to have a first hand experience of Chinese language and culture. Our students are immersed in Chinese each day and engage in a range of fun activities alongside students from Beijing. Parents explore the city independently and in small groups while the children are in class. Outside of class time, parents and students put their Chinese skills to use by visiting Beijing’s historic sites and learning about local culture and customs.
Program Dates: June 10-24, 2020
Information Session: February 8, 2020
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
Please take a moment to enjoy the videos and photos from years past.
Video & Photo Gallery
Orientation starts on June 10 at 2pm.
The camp officially starts on June 11 and ends on June 24.
Duration: 14 days (14 nights)
Participants can check in on June 10 and check out on June 24. Participants coordinate their own travel to and from Beijing and are welcome to extend their journey by arriving early or staying on after the camp concludes.
Students: 5-11 years old*
* Students above and below the 5-11 age range are welcome to sign up, too. If there is enough interest from our families, we will work with our team in Beijing to create activities for them as well.
Location: Beijing East District Qing Nian Lake Primary School
Established in 1965, Beijing East District Qing Nian Lake Primary School is one of the most prestigious primary schools in Beijing. It has approximately 2000 students, and 95% of its graduates are usually admitted by key middle schools in Beijing. The school is located in the center of Beijing, offering convenient access to Beijing’s attractions. The school is named after Qing Nian Lake Park, a 57 acre park that serves as a public space for nearby neighborhoods.
- Students work closely with local Chinese students
- Experienced teachers who work with young language learners
- Exciting family activities in the heart of Beijing
- Great campus location, convenient access to Beijing’s many amenities
- Hotel accommodation with WIFI and VPN service, 10 minutes walk from school facilities